Sunday, September 15, 2013

Snack box

 
With all this baking I thought it might be a good idea to share this little tip!

I often hear people say they don't have time to make healthy snacks and that is why they buy packaged junk-food.

EXCUSE NOT VALID!
Next time you're at the grocery store, buy a container instead of junk food.

You see this box.... it cost $4.
It lives in our freezer.
Its never empty.
Most times when I bake, I pop a piece or two of cake, or cookies into the box.
I'm yet to find something that I've baked that doesn't freeze well!

I don't believe that there is a single person in this world who doesn't have at least an hour spare on a weekend, or midweek to bake at least one snack!

On those mornings when you're rushing out the door with hardly a minute spare - reach into the box & pick a piece or two to put into your lunchbox.
It'll be defrosted by morning tea time :-)
Far better choice that package food!

My daughter loves to hunt through the box on school mornings picking out a snack that she likes!

Here's some great snack box friendly recipes:

8 comments:

  1. I love this idea - especially now that I have a freezer big enough to pull it off (well, a borrowed one I'm keeping anyway ;) ). Not being able to freeze leftovers was a real hassle in terms of meal preparation ahead of time, as we never had space for savoury left overs never mind sweet. Now, though, I will have to adopt this approach :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooooooo pleased that you have gotten a larger freezer - they really are so handy to have :-)

      Delete
  2. brilliant idea - there is usually one or two of a baking batch that gets left to the end and is a bit less than great - but my freezer isn't that big so it is a matter of apace, like kari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true about baking leftovers --> esp the end pieces ;-)

      Delete
  3. I enjoy baking and on the weekend it was choc-chip muffins, I gave some to my son and the rest went into the freezer. These muffins will last a while and when I want a sweet snack I visit my freezer - not only is it cheaper, I know what I am eating!! No reason to eat lollies or chips etc.... I have a chest freezer so have heaps of space for any left overs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I'm not the only person who makes the most of freezer space :-)

      Delete
  4. What a great idea. I love baking. This will be a great way to have some delicious treats and not be tempted to eat everything that comes out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! lol - yep I sure eat things too quickly if they aren't tucked away soon enough ;-)

      Delete