Saturday, August 5, 2017

Easy Tofu & Capsicum Bake

I know it's much cheaper to buy capsicum's by the kilo than it is to buy the traffic light set...... but sometimes I just can't resist the pretty colours all together in a little baggie! I find that each colour capsicum also had a slightly different taste. My favourite is red! 

Here's a recipe that's super easy. It would make an easy dinner if you just add some brown rice or other grain, or you can always add it on the side of something fancy too.


 EASY TOFU & CAPSICUM BAKE
(Serves 4)

         You'll need:
               400g packet of firm/hard tofu
               1 red capsicum

               1 green capsicum
               1 yellow capsicum
               1 large brown onion
               1 large garlic clove
               1/4 cup tomato paste
               1 teaspoon paprika
               1 teaspoon oregano 

Chop the tofu into bite size cubes. Chop the onions into half rings, and slice the capsicum into chunky pieces. Combine in a large baking dish. Add a few tablespoons of water to the bottom of the baking pan, this helps it not to stick. Grate the garlic over the top. Add the tomato paste, paprika, and oregano. Stir until well combined and the tomato paste has lightly covered the veggies and tofu. Add a 1/4 cup to the bottom of the baking pan. 
Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 mins until the veggies are tender and the tofu is firm and nearly crispy.




QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Which colour capsicum do you prefer the taste of?



2 comments:

  1. I prefer red. Yellow is almost non-existent here but green and red are available. Found a whole bag at the supermarket this week! I love eating them raw cos the red ones are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for a fellow red capsicum fan! I'm outvoted in our home as the others prefer green, all the more red for me I say!
      We also can't regularly find the yellow capsicum. I guess it's not as popular as the other 2.

      Delete