Friday, February 7, 2014

Biscuit Base Maple Mousse Cake

I enjoy having dessert from time to time. But I rarely make anything in advance, I prefer to whizz up something just when I feel like it. So that means I need something that can be made quickly and easily.
That is when recipes like this come in handy!

Biscuit Base Maple Mousse Cake
 
Of course its not really biscuits, nor cake.
More like a yummy treat that is inspired by cheesecake!
 

To make 2 servings you'll need:
 
For the biscuit-style base:
     2 Tablespoons hazelnuts
     2 Tablespoons cashews
     1 Tablespoon chia seeds
     2 Tablespoons oat milk (or other plant milk)
     1 Tablespoon cacao
     1 teaspoon stevia (or other dry sweetener)

Combine in a mini food processor and process til nuts are crumbly and mixture has thickened and holds together well.
Line the base of 2 servings glasses with the biscuit base and press down gently.
 

For the mousse:
     150g soft silken tofu
     1/2 teaspoon vanilla essense
     2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
     1 Tablespoon ground flax seeds

Combine in a mini food processor and process til smooth and thick.
Scoop mousse on top of the biscuit base.

Serve with fruit of choice.

If stored in the fridge this will thicken even more..... If you can wait that long!




Submitted to Healthy Vegan Fridays.

Add your healthy vegan recipe on these blogs:

My Healthy Chef 
Herbivore Triathlete 
Hello Veggy 
Rock My Vegan Socks

17 comments:

  1. I'm all for speedy desserts, especially on weekdays. We usually end up drinking frozen fruit smoothies for our desserts (with chia seeds thrown in for added goodness)
    I love the sound of your maple mousse cake. I've never used silken tofu in a dessert. Will have to give it a try!
    Here's wishing you a fab weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon!
      Yes we're often just having banana soft serve for dessert too! Who has time for dessert making mid-week lol
      xxx

      Delete
  2. [ Smiles ] This vegan recipe of yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious looking dessert made in a jiffy. My family will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they enjoy it!
      It's nice to have some quick options :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to trying this one Sandy. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did :-)

      Delete
  5. Looks lovely, I do like the idea of all those tasty nuts in the base, so much better than all those cheesecake bases that just have crushed biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the base - much more natural :-)

      Delete
  6. This looks delicious! Just my kind of dessert :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to buy my son a food processor so he can make this sort of dessert:))) I do like the nutty base, a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the large majority of our easy dishes like this I use a mini food processor that I picked up for $15 at Target! been so worth it! And it doesn't take up a huge amount of cupboard space like larger ones :-)

      Delete
  8. This looks amazing! Sounds really fast, too!

    Zsu Dever

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this for breakfast today--yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast food lol - yes please!!!!!! ;-)

      Delete