Saturday, May 18, 2013

Couscous with mushrooms and green beans

I love a warm lunch!
This was so quick and easy to make and totally filled the spot!

You'll need:
1/2 cup wholemeal couscous
6 mushrooms, sliced
100g green beans, topped and tailed
1 shallot, chopped
juice of half a lemon
1 Tablespoon soy sauce

Soak the couscous in 3/4 cup boiling water, cover with a lid and allow to stand while the rest is cooking.
Put the mushrooms, beans and shallot into a frying pan. Gently stir until the mushrooms start to brown. Add the lemon juice and soy sauce. Continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Serve the vegetables mixed into couscous.

 

 
Submitted for Healthy Vegan Friday.
You can add your recipe at these blogs:
carrie on vegan           veggie nook        greenthickies  

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a couscous fan.. I believe being force fed it in a Belgium boarding school might have something to do with it! But I could so see myself making this with quinoa :) Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's so awful!
      Yes it would work well with quinoa too!

      Delete
  2. I love couscous too - in part because it's so quick to make! - and this looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) Yes I love how quick it is too!

      Delete
  3. I'm also a fan of warm lunches, especially at this time of year. I try very hard to always have some leftovers from dinner. This does look very nice and would make a great lunch. I might have to give it a go one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for warm lunches! Leftovers do make great lunches!!!! :-)

      Delete
  4. Such a simple recipe! I love the combo of green beans and mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete