Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Potato Lattice Pizza

This has become a favourite for my hubbie recently.
Its such a great way to top a pizza! I love making vegan pizzas that don't use processed vegan soy-cheese.
The smell of this cooking is just so delicious!


Top a pizza base with tomato paste.
I love the Bazaar wholemeal bases.
Sprinkle with torn fresh oregano leaves & chopped spring onions.

Cut a few roasted potatoes in thin slices. **
Layer on top of the pizza.
Squeeze BBQ sauce over the top of the potato slices in a lttice shape.

Bake at 200C for 20 minutes.
Of course you can add other toppings underneath the potato if you desire!


** I find it really handy to roast some extra potatoes when I can and leave them in the fridge. They can be used for so many different things if they are already cooked.
Options like this - potato salad, chopped and added into a leafy salad, they can be warmed up quickly and topped for an easy lunch too.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so nice! Loving how you put the sauce on :) I'm not big on pizza but bbq sauce and potato- my husband would be in heaven! Double Carb feast!

    Have you tried pear, rocket and balsamic on pizza? That one's a winner too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really a big rocket fan! That said I did have a rocket/pear salad once and couldn't believe how much the pear seemed to make the rocket taste mild so I could be very tempted to try it on a pizza sometime!!! Thanks for that tip :-) xxx

      Delete