Monday, October 15, 2012

Unprocessed Weekend #1


Weekends usually have quite random for mealtimes for us!

I am not usually motivated to make anything special. And often our meals aren't at regular times.

 

Saturday's breakfast was had at 12 noon!
It was a chocolate smoothie made with blueberries, banana, spinach, and cocoa. So tasty!












Of course that meant I wasn't particularly hungry come 'lunchtime'! ;-)

At about 3pm I made myself a mini pineapple microwave cake. 
I mixed some spelt flour with some pineapple and maple syrup. 
Put it in the microwave for 2 minutes and then covered it with pure prune spread. 


So simple and so tasty!

For dinner we enjoyed a pizza and movie night :-)
I used the polenta base I had made earlier in the week. It kept well in the freezer. 
Topping was mushrooms, onion & capsicum with my pizza cheeze sauce on top.



Sunday
Breakfast was blueberry choc-oat pancakes. They are soooo tasty. I LOVE using oatbran in pancakes - makes them so delicious. I definitely recommend trying this recipe.

We went out for the day & had lunch at a cafe.
I ordered a chick-pea salad with sourdough....
And this is what I got?!?!?!?!?
I'm not quite sure how this is a chick-pea salad with sourdough... but I didn't dare complain since it took them 45 minutes to bring this out! I couldn't bare the thought of waiting another 45 minutes for what I actually ordered. It looked quite nice but it was so dry :-( I definitely WON'T be going back to that cafe.... ~ever~. None the less, I should just be grateful I got a vegan meal :-)

 

At 6pm I realised it was that time of day when I'm supposed to be sorting out dinner! Sometimes that really just feels overwhelming doesn't it?!?!?!? Am I the only one who feels like that? lol
I felt hungry and didn't want to be tempted to grab a ~packet~ of something to nibble on so I had a banana while I decided what to make for dinner.



Come to think of it - a banana is quite a funny looking thing isn't it!!!!???

I reckon if you'd never seen one before it could provide a little bit of a chuckle!




For dinner I ended up making a 'stew' type thing?!? I don't really know what to call it.
I just water sauteed 1 onion, 1 potato with a handful of button mushrooms and lentils. Added a tablespoon of salt free tomato paste. Topped with oregano.


Results = AMAZINGLY TASTY DINNER THAT WAS HASSLE FREE! Perfect for weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment