Friday, October 19, 2012

Unprocessed - End of Week 2

Wednesday - 

Breakfast was soaked oats with a grated apple and raisins

 












Lunch was leftover cauliflower fried-rice with a sweet potato pattie & rockmelon
For dinner I enjoyed yet another Wednesday outing :-) ~Lucky me~
This evening I went to a Japanese restaurant and enjoyed a vegetarian bento box
IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was my most enjoyable meal out in a long time! Everything was so deliciously tasty & it's nice to get a big meal.... and yet sooo affordable! Can you believe this whole platter was less than $20! :D

Thursday -

Breakfast was soaked oats with ground flax seeds, mashed pumpkin and raisins. 




I forgot to take a picture of lunch :-( I was out enjoying the beautiful sunshine with my packed salad with yet another leftover sweet potato pattie :-)


 
For dinner I sorted through out vegetable drawer in the fridge and pulled out everything that was green and threw together a simple stir-fry, served over brown rice.


Yes, I did have dessert ;-)
Will you be at all surprised if I mention it was banana soft-serve???
Sorry - awful picture.... Taken on my phone!



Friday - 

I woke up early this morning!!! I'm sure normal people do the washing or exercise when they wake up early..... but not me... I made cookies!!!!



I mashed 2 over-ripe bananas, added a cup of oats, a cup of chopped dried apple and a tablespoon of almond butter. Added enough oat bran to hold them together and baked at 180C for 17 minutes......

 


So I guess I should of really baked them for 12 instead :-/ 
Despite being ~slightly~ overcooked they were AmAzInGlY delicious :D
Very pleased with my morning creation.... and as such I spent most of the morning nibbling on quite a few of them :-/
I did have guests so I can honestly say that I didn't eat them all myself!!!!!

I did have breakfast before I had the grand test-taste tho ;-)
Breakfast was brown rice with raisins and cinnamon and an orange.
I have definitely been enjoying raisins this week! They are just so tasty and sweet!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After all my morning snacking I didn't really feel like lunch! Surprise, surprise....
So at about 2 o'clock I made myself a 'chocolate' green smoothie. Sooooooooooo tasty.....
 



 

For dinner I decided to make some tofu.
I sliced the tofu and fried it in a mixture of soysauce, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar and a touch of molasses.








I then added a tablespoon of natural peanut butter to the mixture. Using the moisture that was already there to make it 'saucy'.

It was sooooooooo delicious!
I was so pleased that something I could prepare so quickly and easily was so delicious. I will definitely make this again.


Served over mashed potato with steamed veggies.


 

2 comments:

  1. It shows how easy it is to make all the meals in the week without using processed foods, well done. And as you say, some meals are super fast. Even though I eat meat and dairy, it's just as simple and quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great - I'm glad you have found it simple and easy too.
      The most surprising for me is that I am not finding it 'boring' or tasteless at all!

      Delete