Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Green Pasta

I was so surprised at how tasty this dish was when I made it up!  I didn't quite know what to expect as I have never tried avocado & lime juice together before.
This recipe came about from our "Green Day" and thinking of as many green foods as I could to put into our dinner!
I wasn't planning to put it on my blog but it has ended up here, because I need to share how tasty it is!

You'll need:
Enough spinach fettuccine to serve 2
1/2 cup frozen peas
4 cubes frozen chopped spinach
1/2 zucchini, cut into long thin slices

Bring a pot of water to the boil & add all the above ingredients. Cook for approx 15 minutes until the pasta in al dente.

While the pasta is cooking prepare the sauce.
In a mini food processor or blender combine:
flesh of 1 fresh avocado
1/2 cup soymilk (I used unsweetened)
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon minced garlic

Whisk until very smooth and runny.

Drain the pasta but don't shake it out heaps as you need a little bit of moisture on the pasta to help the sauce spread.
Put the pasta back into the pot and pour the sauce over the top. Add 1/4 cup nutritional yeast & mix well until all strains of the fettuccine have been lightly coated with the sauce.

Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment