Monday, March 26, 2012

Tempting Tuesday

Ever feel like cooking first thing in the morning??
I often do - I love having the smell of fresh baking fill the house first thing in the morning.
This morning it was zucchini bread.

Today's lunchbox:
I made mini zucchini bread muffins at the same time as I was making breakfast - they are for lunch with a lentil dip (mashed leftovers from last night's meal!). Snacks are grapes, dried mango * sesame snaps.

For dinner I used the slow cooker.
I made a leek & soygrit pie.
It was sooooo tasty! Simple put chopped onion, chopped leek, a zucchini, tin tomatoes & 1 cup soya grits in the slow cooker. Add enough water to just cover the ingredients & let the appliance do all the hard work for you!!!!! I took the lid off one hour before serving just to let some moisture evaporate and give the top a "crust".
It looked like a mess when it came out of the slow cooker, I'm yet to master how to serve from the slow cooker!

A super yummy mess!

DESSERT!!!!!! Yay my favourite time of the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment