Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Mousse

Let's face it - sometimes we just want a quick & easy dessert.
I love creating treats like this when I feel like a little something fancy but haven't had the time to pre-make it!

You'll need:
1 ice-cube tray of frozen pumpkin (I simply boil pumpkin til its soft then spoon it into an ice cube tray and freeze it - this is a great way to use up leftover bits of pumpkin too!) As you can see from the picture I don't do this in a particularly tidy way but none the less you can see the process!
1 frozen banana
3 fresh medjool dates
1/4 teaspoon of each; cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg
1/2 cup soymilk (or other nondairy milk)
1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend in a blender til smooth.
If you are like me and don't have a Vitamix it may take some time to get through the ice cubes & frozen banana but keep stirring it & you will get there. You may need to add a touch more soymilk. Don't make it too runny - just so that it will scoop up on a spoon without dribbling off.


This will make about 6 dessert cup servings.



I couldn't decide if to call this slush or mousse. It definitely has a creamy texture to it, not icey like slush. To me it tastes like eating pumpkin pie! I love how the dates & flax seeds kinda resemble the crust!

Enjoy!

2 comments: