Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nut/Seed "Milo"

I simply missed having a glass of milo too much! Yes, a cadbury hot chocolate is nice - but its not the same! I need some ~crunch~. So I was on a quest to enjoy my crunchy chocolately goodness without any badness in it!!!
This is the best I could do - and might I add, I think its better than milo!


3/4 cup mixed seeds (I use whatever I have on hand - try linseeds, pepitas, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds)
1 cup mixed nuts (your choice - try cashews, almonds, macadamias, pecans, walnuts)
1/2 cup cocoa powder

Optional: 1/4 cup sugar (I use raw sugar) Depends how sweet you like it. I find it really tasty even without any sugar at all

Mix the seeds & nuts in a small bowl.
Grind them in a coffee grinder, in small batches.
Once ground put into a jar & add the cocoa & sugar & shake until well combined.

Put a heaped tablespoon into a glass with soymillk, rice milk or nut milk! Stir well so that the nuts don't sink to the bottom.
Warm or cold!
~D~E~L~I~C~I~O~U~S~

Store in a glass jar with an air-tight seal. Will keep for several months.

3 comments:

  1. That picture of it makes me feel sick if that's what vegans think is a yummy food i'm glad im a omnivore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humans eating meat makes me feel sick too. If murder and cruelty is what omnivores think is yummy food, I'm glad I'm a vegan.

      Delete
  2. its just the seed mix for the drink... mix it drink it like it

    ReplyDelete