Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Soy-tella!

I decided that I wanted to make a healthy version of nutella! When I told my daughter this she asked what nutella was!!!! I was secretly very proud that I have lasted 7 years without my daughter finding out about nutella!!!! lol
Well now she's addicted - but I'm more than happy to put this on her school lunches!!!

I like the way this doesn't become completely 'smooth' - it reminds me a bit of crunchy peanut butter! And of course, it tastes divine!!!

You'll need:
1 cup roasted soybeans (if you want you can use cooked ones that haven't been roasted, they just won't taste as nutty)
1 tablespoon hazelnut spread
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
2 tablespoons warm water (more or less depending on consistency desired)

In a food processor combine the soybeans and cocoa powder. Process until the soybeans are quite broken down. (This will take some time - also if you have a mini food processor, it seems to work better for smaller amounts of food - it won't all fly off to the edges then!)
Add the hazelnut spread & continue to process until desired smoothness is reached!
(You can choose to add a touch of sweetner if your taste prefers a sweeter sweet - try agave nectar.)
Put into a container & store in the fridge.





Really great as a filling for ginger logs :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment