The potatoes cook in the time that the lentils take to prepare, so its much quicker than having to cook each part separately.
For the filling:
1 tin lentils
1/2 cup frozen carrot, peas & corn mix
1 onion, chopped
1 tin crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon bbq sauce
For the topping:
1) Chop the potatoes and put them into a pot with enough water to just cover them. Bring to the boil and then cook for about 12 mins until potatoes are tender.
2) While the potatoes are cooking, drain the lentils & place them in a bowl with the chopped onion, carrot peas & corn mixture. Stir til well mixed. Add the tin of tomatoes & the bbq sauce. Combine well.
3) Lightly oil a baking bowl & place lentil mixture into bottom of bowl - press down.
4) Once the potatoes are ready - drain & transfer to a mixing bowl (i always use the lentil bowl to save on washing up!). Add garlic flakes to taste. Mash until smooth - you can add a drop of soymilk if you desire for better consistency.
5) Place mashed potatoes over the lentil mixture in the oven bowl.
Sprinkly with italian herb mix & place in moderate oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
|Lentil mixture placed into oven bowl.|